Operations Intern at Urban Jungle
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic intern looking to start their career with a 3 month internship in a growing, dynamic company, learning from our experienced founders (ex OC&C, Google, Facebook)
This is a great opportunity to get into the rapidly growing FinTech space, learn the inner workings of a successful startup and make your mark on how our business operations and customer service work.
Urban Jungle are using technology to build an insurance company for a new generation of customers. We offer better-suited products, which are much cheaper, and all sorted in minutes. Over two years of consistently doing the right thing we’ve built a top-rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly.
Your key responsibilities would include a broad range of activities across the business, focussing on what is mission critical at that time. This could be things like:
- Solving customer problems as they come up and liaising with the tech and supplier teams to make sure they don’t happen again
- Learn the basics of reporting & database management to create weekly and monthly performance reports and help us understand our customers better
- Getting involved in business administration, including invoicing
- Helping to plan and deliver investor relation events
- Researching to help define what new products we should launch for our customers
If the internship is successful there should be an opportunity to move into a full time role
You should apply if you are:
- Bright, keen to learn and passionate about how technology can make customers’ lives better
- An enthusiastic problem solver, and a natural do-er
- Responsible and trustworthy
- A good communicator, polite and friendly
- A graduate with a strong academic background
- Competent with MS Office, particularly Excel
- No experience of insurance or financial services is required.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. So long as you’ve got the skills for the job, even if you don’t fit these requirements exactly, we’d love to hear from you!
You can expect from us
- A starting salary of £21k per annum (pro-rated)
- Flexible working (if required)
- An opportunity for a full time job offer
- 25 days of paid leave (pro-rated), plus public holidays
- Full training in any tasks you are required to do as needed
- Lots of social fun and events.
Logistics & Application:
You must be able to work at our offices in Oval, South London.
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a practical and CV interview with the senior team.
Send your CV with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.