Frontend Software Engineer at Urban Jungle
Urban Jungle are using technology to build an insurance company for a new generation of customers. We offer our customers better suited products, which are much cheaper, and all sorted in minutes. Over two years of consistently doing the right thing by our customers, we’ve become the top rated home insurance provider in the UK and are growing incredibly quickly.
We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic software engineer to join our growing team, working directly for our CTO (ex Facebook and Google).
You would be focused on frontend technologies, so experience and willingness to grow your knowledge in this area is essential, but given we are an early stage business, you will be expected to dive into other parts of the technology stack when necessary, and in other parts of the business, too.
You must have:
- A very strong academic background.
- At least 12 months professional experience working as a developer / on suitable side projects.
- Demonstrable experience in most of the following (and willingness to learn the others):
- Front-end design, UX, and prototyping.
- Linux, Docker, AWS, SQL.
- A personal preference for getting things done, rather than talking about getting things done.
- A natural feel for design, and an obsession about user experience.
Urban Jungle is an inclusive employer and value diversity at our company. If these are things that people might say about you, we’d love for you to apply:
- Passionate about building great software and willing to jump into all parts of a modern technology stack.
- A problem solver, who wants to deliver new products/apps/services and improvements to all parts of our company.
- Highly motivated to learn new things and a lover of innovation.
- A good communicator with technical and non-technical people and easy to get on with.
- A self starter, who will not be afraid to challenge the status quo to get to a better outcome.
- Excited about the challenge of a startup – especially getting to help shape the business from an early stage.
You can expect from us:
- A starting salary of £30k-£45k depending on experience.
- A company pension.
- A material equity stake.
- 25 days of paid leave, plus public holidays.
- Whatever kit you need to be effective.
- Lots of social fun and events.
- A commitment from the co-founders to spend significant time on coaching and development.
You must live in London, and be able to work at our offices in Oval. Sadly we cannot sponsor visas at this stage.
The hiring process involves an initial phone conversation, followed by a technical interview with our CTO, and a CV interview with our CEO.